If you would like to become a member of Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus or if you are interested in learning more about the Doberman breed, we invite you to join our group if you are over 18 years of age. We are a very active organization that is always looking for another “helping hand.” Some of the ways you can participate are the following:
- Foster Homes. Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus is ALWAYS in need of additional FOSTER HOMES for the Dobermans in our program. If you believe that you have the time, commitment, and experience to welcome a foster dog into your home, we need your help.
- Interacting with the dogs. We always have more orphans then foster homes. Due to this, we utilize boarding kennels and an in-home daycare. The orphans that stay here appreciate the one on one contact from volunteers. During their “playtime” it is crucial to get to know the dogs so we can properly place them with the right adopter. What better way to volunteer then to play with the dogs!
- Transport. Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus needs help with transporting the rescue Dobermans in our program. Whether it be driving a dog from a shelter to its new foster home or escorting a Rescue to one of our participating vets for medical care, we need your help.
- Fundraising. Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus is a non-profit organization that is continuously in need of additional funds. We use these funds to pay for the medical needs of the Rescue Dobermans. If your specialty is fundraising, we need your help.
- Miscellaneous. Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus can always use help with “odds and ends” – help us staff our booth at adoption days, answer questions from potential adopters, perform home visits in neighboring areas, clerical, etc. We need your help!
Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus invites you to join us in saving lives. Your level of expertise does not matter. The important point is to GET INVOLVED. The first time you look into the grateful eyes of a starving Rescue… well, why don’t you come experience that for yourself? The rewards are incredible.
Click HERE for a video about volunteering made by one of our wonderful volunteers.
For more information email Kelli at Dobejazz@sbcglobalnet or click on the Contact Us tab above.