CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!
If you are interested in volunteering with Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus, we invite you to join our group if you are over 18 years of age. We are a very active organization that is always looking for another “helping hand.” Some of the ways you can participate are the following:
- Foster Homes. Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus is ALWAYS in need of additional FOSTER HOMES for the dogs and cats in our program. If you believe that you have the time, commitment, and experience to welcome a foster animal into your home, we need your help. If you would like to foster, please email info@ILDoberescue.com to foster a dog and cats@ILDobeRescue.com to foster a cat.
- Interacting with the animals. We always have more orphans than foster homes. Due to this, we utilize boarding kennels, an in-home daycare, and some cats are housed in local Petco locations. The orphans that stay here appreciate the one-on-one contact from volunteers. During their “playtime,” it is crucial to get to know the animals so we can properly place them with the right adopter. We also need help bathing dogs to get them ready for adoption events. What better way to volunteer than to spend time with the animals?!
- Transport. Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus needs help with transporting the rescue animals in our program. Whether it be driving a one from a shelter to its new foster home or escorting an orphan to one of our participating vets for medical care, we need your help. Sometimes supplies even need a ride to a location.
- Fundraising. Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus is a non-profit organization that is continuously in need of additional funds. We use these funds to pay for the medical needs of the rescue animals. If your specialty is fundraising, we need your help.
- Meet & Greets. IDR+ needs volunteers and dogs to staff an info table at a number of pet supply stores in the Chicagoland area on the weekends. We have a set schedule with several Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, and other stores for volunteers to talk to the public about rescue. If you would like to bring an available dog to one of these events, please email volunteer@ILDobeRescue.com
- Petco cat cubbies. IDR+ currently has cats at a Petco in Wood Dale, IL, and those cats need to be cleaned and played with on a regular basis. If you are near WOod Dale and can stop by regularly for about an hour to clean and socialize with the cats, please email cats@ILDobeRescue.com
- Miscellaneous. Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus can always use help with “odds and ends” — photographing or shooting video of the animals, answering questions from potential adopters, performing home visits in neighboring areas, filing paperwork, etc.
Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus invites you to join us in saving lives. Your level of expertise does not matter. The important point is to GET INVOLVED. The first time you look into the grateful eyes of a needy rescue animal… well, why don’t you come experience that for yourself? The rewards are incredible.
Watch a video about volunteering made by one of our wonderful volunteers: